Advantages & Disadvantages of VAT
VAT in UAE: VAT is tolerated by final consumers, so it is a consumption tax. Companies do not take the burden of VAT. Through a system of deductions it is claimed fractionally, where taxable persons can abstract the VAT liability amount which they paid to other taxable persons on business activities purchase.
Advantages of VAT
- As VAT is a consumption tax the revenue generated will be constant.
- Compared to other indirect tax VAT is easy to manage.
- Due to catch-up effect of VAT, it minimizes avoidance.
- Huge amount of revenue is generated on a low tax rate through VAT.
- As the VAT is collected in small installments so the consumers has minimum burden.
- VAT is a neutral tax so it can be imposed on all types of business.
Disadvantages of VAT
- As the VAT is based on full billing system, VAT implementation is expensive.
- It is not a simple task to calculate value added in every stage is not an easy task. Thus VAT is difficult to understand.
- VAT is regressive in nature. Thus it will affect the poor people more than the rich because they spend more proportion of their income.
- All purchase and sales records should be maintained which will cause increased in compliance cost.
- The consumers need to be cognizant for successful implementation of VAT otherwise tax negligence will be extensive through fake invoices.
Clear All Your VAT Doubts: Get Your Free Guide Now!
For a free consultation, please contact:
OBM worldwide F.Z.C.
Office No. E1 – 4207B
42nd Floor, Ajman Free Zone
PO BOX NO. 16395
Mob : 00971-55-3647270